A couple of days ago, I blogged about ten things I love. That one was easy. Today I’ll let you in on the rest of the story. I have another side. Yes, it’s true, there are things in this world I don’t care for. Side note: the really bad stuff would go on a list of Things I Hate, so don’t expect to see them here.
1. I don’t love skunks. I don’t think I need to explain that.
2. Black walnuts. The smell and taste of a black walnut is just as repulsive to me as skunk odor. If I accidentally put even a small piece of black walnut in my mouth, I can’t swallow it.
3. One-way political or ideological rants, especially when unexpectedly dumped on a captive audience at a conference or concert where I’ve paid for my own ticket or registration fee to be entertained or educated according to advertised content.
4. Novels about crimes against children.
5. Jazz. I just don’t get it.
6. The combination of ham salad and corn fritters. You get a story with this one. I went to a small town grade school with a cafeteria that served hot lunches. Every once in a while, the cooks served up globs of ham salad made with more mayonnaise than ham, and greasy corn fritters. It made me sick once, and I could never eat it again. I feel a surge of acid indigestion just thinking about it.
7. The mess in my workspace. I’ve subscribed to a blog called zen habits that I hope will straighten me out. I’ve removed some of the paper from my computer table, and I feel better already. . . as long as I don’t let my glance wander over to the nearby desk.
8. Mailing anything to Canada. In case you didn’t know this, mail and packages from the U.S to Canada and vice versa take forever to reach their destinations. Priority mail is apparently not an option. I hate this. Snail Express would get it there faster.
9. Baseball. Except for the beer and hot dogs. I like that part.
10. News media. I believe newscasters live in and broadcast from an alternate universe.