I received my newsletter from C. Hope Clark’s Funds for Writers and found an interesting article on Web 2.0 Addiction. Web 2.0 is the designation used for social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, MySpace, as well as blogs, among others. When you follow the link, you’ll want to look for the September 13th edition and scroll down the page a little to see the Web 2.0 article.
While you’re there, scan the rest of the newsletter and see the kind of quality information you can get regularly if you subscribe. Articles, Competitions, Grants, Freelance Markets, Jobs, Publishers/Agents and more. The cost? Nothing.
Yesterday, Carolyn recommended The Rejecter in her comment. I checked it out and want to pass on the recommendation. Who is The Rejecter?
I am an assistant at a literary agency. I am the first line of defense for my boss. On average, I reject 95% of the letters immediately and put the other 5% in the “maybe” pile.
The Rejecter doesn’t post daily, but here’s an example of a very effective short blog post: Dumb Things Said in Query Letters.
And finally, here’s another pick of the litter from Twitter: a brand new blog called Pinch a Pig Toe. The article I want you to read is called 6 Stages of Twitter. The similarity to the stages of dying is surely accidental…or maybe not. Nevertheless, it’s entertaining, and the post was enough to make me want to follow the blog’s author on Twitter (at least for a while).