Six things that make me feel old-fashioned:
1. I think kids should be allowed to play in the dirt more. Older adults do it. We call it gardening.
2. I don’t like talking on the phone. I hate cell phones, only carry one in case I have an emergency, and only turn it on when I want to make a call (usually because I have a flat tire or expect to get home much later than expected).
3. I believe in personal freedom and personal responsibility, and I also believe that my rights stop at my neighbor’s nose.
4. I think it would be good if all Americans had to spend one growing season working on a farm: walking the beans, cleaning out the chicken house, milking cows, baling hay.
5. I believe the news media should report the news, all of the news, accurately and without trying to sway public opinion. I want the truth, and I don’t give a rat’s patootie what some info hottie thinks.
6. I think patootie is a real word even if my dictionary doesn’t.
Okay, that’s my Saturday entry in the A to Z Blog Challenge. Hard to believe we only have eleven more posts to go. Of course, those eleven include the extra-challenging letters Q and X.
We take Sunday off for the challenge, but I’ll have something else for you. See you tomorrow.