Five things I plan to do today:
1. Mail one of the large print books I bought at the library’s used book sale to my mom. I plan to add a little plastic bag full of lavender blooms, stems and leaves from my three hardy plants.
2. Stop by the Farmer’s Market to shop a bit, then go to Starbucks for a latte (and maybe a pumpkin scone if they have any). I’ll be able to sit outside on their patio and watch the folks enjoying the Farmer’s Market because they’re in the same shopping plaza.
3. Pre-schedule a couple of blog posts for next week. My guest blogger on Thursday will be L. Diane Wolfe who blogs at Spunk on a Stick.
4. Knock three items off my To-Do List. One will be the bios for my husband and myself for that 50th high school class reunion. Why is that so hard?
5. Work on manuscript revisions.
It has been really hot here this week, so I pulled out a picture from last fall’s Northern Colorado Writers Retreat to remind myself that cooler weather is just around the corner. Take a look at this one:
100 degrees hot here in Cyprus. We rarely see snow, so thanks for the memory.
Ann Best says
Oh! I get so many ideas for blogging from you. Mediocre writers borrow, great writers steal. I won’t steal your pic but I’ve several awesome ones of my own, so I just may borrow, that is copy you.
Have a cool week.
Alexandra Crocodile says
Oh, I want to go to Starbucks as well! Too bad the nearest one is in Copenhagen:(
Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams says
How did it go? And…thanks for the snow picture! I NEED to cool off–temps at 100 degrees here.
Rayna M. Iyer says
What a beautiful photograph. I never thought scenes like this existed outside photographs in glossy books- now I know they do.
Patricia Stoltey says
Goody, just finished that reunion bio. Since hubby and I both graduated from the same school same year, and I couldn’t get him to write his own bio, I wrote a co-bio. I will give him one day to edit and then it’s gone.
Jemi Fraser says
Love the photo! Good luck with the bios – those things are hard!
Revise away … if you aren’t so relaxed you take a nap.
welcome to my world of poetry says
Love your list Patricia, that’s a good idea if you can’t think what to write about.
Margot Kinberg says
Patricia – I wish you well with that to-do list : ). I do that sort of thing myself to help keep organized. And thanks for that beautiful ‘photo : ).
The Old Silly says
A list! Of course … why didn’ty I think of that? Lol, but seriously, good tip.
Hey Pat, I saw your comment on my book tralier post. Would you be interested in hosting a stop on the virtual tour I’m planning for this October? If so, contact me at: marvwilson2020atgmaildotcom, ok?
Alex J. Cavanaugh says
I feel cooler, too. Thanks!
I like your list; especially the coffee stop and
Farmer’s Market…my kind of morning! Sounds busy~
Sounds like a great day! I love visiting the Farmer’s Markets. Hope you have a great weekend. Lovely picture, btw!
A list! Amazing how the simple answers elude us. Like writing bios for reunions. Blow your horn you’re entitled.
Giggles and Guns