Elizabeth Spann Craig, at Mystery Writing is Murder, awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award on August 17th. Before I followed up on that honor, I was blessed a second time.
Yesterday I was presented a Kreativ Blogger Award by Karen Walker at karen…following the whispers.
Well, thank you so much, ladies. (I bow from the waist — creaky knees don’t allow me to curtsy with anything resembling grace and style.)
There are some interesting instructions attached to these awards, and these two are not exactly the same. The rule for passing on the award as it came from Elizabeth:
*****Rule for Passing on the Kreativ Blogger Award
It functions as a meme—list 7 of your favorite things, 7 of your favorite activities, 7 things no one knows about you, etc.
Detailed rules as noted by Karen:
Kreativ Blog award. As with other awards, there are rules! Here they are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
7 things very few people know about me:
1. When I was in my thirties I took a series of classes in belly dancing.
2. I took piano lessons for nine years and still couldn’t play worth a darn.
3. I’m afraid of bats. (Hmmm. Maybe that’s why I don’t like vampire novels or movies.)
4. I was a smoker for 20 years. I quit cold turkey before I turned 40.
5. I love movies and am especially fond of old musicals. My favorite is An American in Paris.
6. My favorite breakfast food is crunchy peanut butter.
7. I would like to start a political movement to vote all incumbents out of office, regardless of their political affiliation.
And on that controversial note, I’d like to pass on the Kreativ Blogger Award (recipient gets to choose the preferred logo from the two above) to a few of the many bloggers I enjoy. Pass the award on if you wish. Or not. Your choice.
1. Sonia Marsh at Gutsy Writer
2. Peg Brantley at Suspense Novelist
3. Elspeth Antonelli at It’s a Mystery
4. Linda M. Faulkner at Author Exchange Blog
5. Alan Orloff at A Million Blogging Monkeys
6. Hart Johnson at Confessions of a Watery Tart
7. Maryann Miller at It’s Not All Gravy
Hopefully, this will be a most kreativ day for all.
Watery Tart says
I feel like such a scatterbrain! I only saw your note today, but feel so honored to have been awarded! Thank you so much!
And i’m excited to explore the various blogs you’ve mentioned along with yours.
You are very kind to send me this award. I am on my way to Fort Myers today, so I accept gratefully, but will be on vacation for 8 days.
LINDA M. FAULKNER says
Thanks for the award – here’s the link to my words about it: http://lindamfaulkner.blogspot.com/2009/08/why-am-i-kreative-blogger.html
N A Sharpe says
First of all, congrats on your award – very much deserved. I love this part of the award – getting to learn so much about everyone! I love American in Paris!
Nancy, from Realms of Thought…
I loved reading about your 7 things – I would’ve NEVER guessed some of them!
Patricia Stoltey says
Hi everyone! Glad to see so many comments this morning. It’s interesting to see the different reactions to a list of 7 things most people don’t know. I always like reading those when others write them.
Also interesting to see how many people love old musicals. I was thinking last night of another one I can watch over and over: Love Me or Leave Me with Doris Day and James Cagney. It’s a bit dark with lots of drama (like A Star is Born).
And bats. Can’t talk me out of that one, Helen. Barn swallows swoop and dive, and they don’t give me the creeps.
Hope you all enjoy visiting the other blogs I mentioned. I wish I had more time for blog-cruising because I think it’s great fun.
Elspeth Antonelli says
Patricia, Thanks for thinking of me! I’m very honoured. Your list of 7 things is wonderful. I enjoy visiting your blog every morning as you always say something that gives me food for thought.
I’m with you about the bats. Rats with wings in my opinion.
Helen Ginger says
People and blogs to visit! Yay.
Patricia, I urge you to come to Austin, TX, the bat capital of North America. Seriously. We love bats here and build habitats for them. We have millions of them under the Congress bridge and it’s a daily event for people to gather at sunset and watch them wake and stream out to go hunt bugs and mosquitoes. You will love watching them.
Straight From Hel
Maryann Miller says
Thanks so much for passing the award on to me. I am truly honored and am in such good company with all the other blogs you mentioned. I’ve got a full schedule of work to do today, but will act on this tomorrow. Wish I could play instead of work. 🙂
LINDA M. FAULKNER says
Thanks for recognizing my blog. And Kudos for quitting cigaretteds cold turkey – a tremendous accomplishment.
I will follow the rules…later this evening! I will also check out the other blogs.
The Old Silly says
Hey I just got that one too. Well deserved, and kudos – also enjoyed your “7 things.” I used to play lead roles in Rogers & Hammerstein musicals back in HS & college. Loved ’em.
Marvin D Wilson
Karen Walker says
We share a love of musicals – I couldn’t name a fave, though. Love them all. I’ve seen West Side Story about 20 times. Couldn’t count the times of seen the Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers flicks, or Oklahoma and South Pacific. Okay, I’ll stop now.
Alan Orloff says
Thank you, Patricia! I’m glad you enjoy my blog (I enjoy yours, too).
Now I better go think up something creative to write for my next entry. Such pressure!
Elizabeth Spann Craig says
I love your 7 Things! Very cool. And good for you for quitting smoking cold turkey. Not many people can do that!
Mystery Writing is Murder