As I announced last week, I had hoped to add 10,000 words to my novel over the long weekend. Here’s my report through Sunday:
Friday: 1,908 Saturday: 1,183 Sunday: 2,366 TOTAL through Sunday: 5,457
I guess I’d have to write all night on Monday to get the job done, wouldn’t I? Since I wrote this post Monday afternoon to pre-schedule for Tuesday, and since I planned to work on the book Monday evening, I’ll have to let you know how that worked out.
Now for the fun blog awards I received last week.
On September 3rd, Jane Kennedy Sutton passed on the B-I-N-G-O Beautiful Blog Award (naming me B for Beautiful) at her blog, Jane’s Ride. Thanks, Jane, that was a sweet surprise. The idea here is to name recipients that fit the following labels: B for Beautiful, I for Informative, N for Neigborly, G for Gorgeous, and O for Outstanding. Since these awards seem to keep hitting a lot of the same bloggers, I’m going to reserve the right to pass on the honor at a later date.
The second award I received last week was on September 4th. Helen Ginger of Straight From Hel awarded the Honest Scrap Award, which made me chuckle since I suspect everything on my blog would qualify as scrap. Hah. I love that.
The award rules are simple – pass the award to seven worthy bloggers who post from the heart, and list ten honest things about yourself. Happily, Helen added this: You don’t have to pass it along, unless you want to, but you do have to list 10 honest things about yourself.
Once again, I’m going to reserve the right to pass the award on at a later date. The ten honest things about myself? Here they are:
1. I had to buy new slacks to wear to next weekend’s conference. I don’t have to tell you why.
2. I often take on more projects than I should. I keep forgetting how old I am and fail to remember I don’t have as much energy as I used to.
3. I feel anxious when the gas in the car falls below a quarter of a tank.
4. I love Ben & Jerry’s Coffee, Coffee, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz Ice Cream.
5. I don’t pay much attention to other people’s expectations. I pretty much do my own thing.
6. I cry at sad movies and while I’m reading sad books.
7. I really miss the little kids my grown-up children used to be. They were the greatest joy in my life.
8. I don’t answer the phone unless I feel like it, and I rarely feel like it.
9. I still have the bracelet my first boyfriend gave me when I was in 6th or 7th grade.
10. My mother-in-law died in 2008 at age 97 and my brother’s wife died in 2009 (age 61). I miss them both so much more than I ever thought I would.
And that’s the truth.