I have another fun award to work with today. Last week, Sonia Marsh at Gutsy Writer was kind enough to bestow the Kreativ Blogger Award on seven of her blogging friends, and she included me. Many thanks to Sonia.
One of the special features of Sonia’s blog is her use of her flip video camera to do short video posts where her readers can see and hear her post instead of just reading it. I didn’t know about the flip camera before I discovered her interesting blog, but I’m now seriously considering getting one.
But on to the the Kreative Blogger Award. Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who sent the award and link to his or her blog.
2. Copy the award to your blog.
3. List seven things people don’t know about you.
4. Nominate seven bloggers for the award, link to their blogs, and leave a comment to let them know of their award.
Hmmm. Seven things people don’t know about me. This is getting harder because I’ve received this award before, but I’ll give it a try:
1. I love Ben & Jerry‘s “Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz” ice cream. Love it! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Unfortunately, I’m on a diet…
2. One of my favorite movies of all time is Love Me or Leave Me with Doris Day and James Cagney. She’s a dance hall girl who aspires to be a singing star (go figure) and Cagney is the gangster who wants her to be his girl (big surprise, right?). Then she makes the mistake of falling in love with the piano player…. I know, it sounds hokey, but this movie makes me cry every time I watch it. It’s not your typical Doris Day romantic musical/comedy. You guys do know who I’m talking about, right? Doris Day and James Cagney?
3. I’m a “general” — that is, I have a ham radio license and I’ve passed the test to become a general. Back in the day, I even had to pass a thirteen-word-per-minute Morse Code test to achieve that level. My call sign is N4UNE (that’s November Four Uniform November Echo) in ham talk. I’m not active at the moment, but my hubby has installed an antenna and he’s updating our equipment. We hope to be online soon.
4. In 1998, I donated the two scrapbooks I had filled during high school to the school’s historical archives. We’re going to borrow them back to display at my 50-year class reunion in September. You know the kind of stuff I mean–dance programs, pressed flowers, photographs?
5. I am in touch with two of my grade school girlfriends (early 1950s). We see each other once or twice a year when I’m back in Illinois visiting my mom.
6. One of my hobbies is crocheting, although I haven’t had time to do much lately. I mostly crochet afghans. baby afghans, and shawls. I love granny squares.
7. I have never broken a bone except for possibly the little toe on my left foot. (Perhaps I should go knock on wood.)
Nominating seven bloggers for this award is difficult as I’ve passed on several awards lately, and have also passed on a couple of Kreativ Blogger Awards in the past. As a result, I’m going to reserve the right to pass on this award at a later date. I’ll be on the lookout for newer blogs, those who are creative (of course) and interesting and need exposure. Stay tuned.