I’m not sure how it got to be Tuesday already.
I’m still scrambling to get caught up on tasks, but I can at least report my five best experiences at this year’s Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers Colorado Gold Writers’ Conference in Denver.
1. I received a Gold Nugget Award for my volunteer efforts to get the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers Blog up and running. That felt really good. It’s one of the things I love about RMFW. Volunteers are recognized for their efforts and never taken for granted.
2. I attended several workshops on various aspects of self-publishing and learned a bunch of new stuff. I love learning new stuff.
3. My bed was so comfortable that I actually slept well both nights. What can I say? Is there anything better than a good night’s sleep?
4. I had a wonderful roommate. That makes a conference so much more fun.
5. I got silly and did a little dance in front of a roomful of people, just so I could win a copy of the author/presenter’s book. Well…she did put the challenge on Facebook…and I do love a challenge. I couldn’t resist.
Time to get busy. See you later.
John Paul McKinney says
Sounds like fun. Wish I had seen the dance! Anyway, I have to get back to RMFW. Haven’t been in a couple of years. Thank, Pat.
Trisha F says
Sounds like you had a really fun time. I’m glad! 🙂 I’d love to attend a writer’s conference sometime.
j.a. kazimer says
Seeing you is always a highlight for me. I’m sorry we didn’t get to hang out more. Congrats on the nugget. You have done so much for RMFW, and every bit is appreciated by us members.
Alex J. Cavanaugh says
Any pictures of the dancing? Glad you had a good time.
Julie Luek says
Doing a little happy dance for your award (even though I don’t get a free book for my dancing skills– or lack thereof!). Sounds like you had a fantastic time. I’m so glad.
Margot Kinberg says
Pat – Congratulations on your award! And it is richly, richly deserved. I’m so glad you got good rests too. That makes such a difference doesn’t it? All in all it sounds like you had a wonderful time and I couldn’t be happier for you.